• Topic Author
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
06 Jan 2022 13:48 #17459 by Geno
Store Reopening Update was created by Geno
I just answered this question for Bill on the forum and thought I should put it here as well.

I, like may others are having some really bad issues with PayPal since they were bought out, even e-bay who used to own them quit taking them.

I've been looking at other providers when I have time but a lot of them are pretty expensive, have monthly fees, or you have to use their own store software which I don't really want to start a new store from scratch. To tell you the truth it's not really that high on my priority list right now with having to wrap up last years taxes, sales tax by Jan 20, other business things, and getting the shop organized so I can get back to work... :whew

A lot of orders go out of here, some are big but most are small, but to tell the truth a lot of days if I had to leave the shop (instead of dad who goes to town most days anyway) and counted my time away, packaging, supplies, gas, sending tracking info, etc, there's not enough made on them to warrant it. A lot of days there is a loss involved and for all the work put into it when I could be doing something else isn't too smart business wise. I knew even when things were going well if anything happened to dad I would close the store first thing because it would be more trouble that it was worth. With all that's going on now and me being the only one in the shop it's really hard for me to leave at all. I'm not sure what will be, just been praying about it a lot.

As soon as a decision is made I will be sure to announce it in here and other places as well. :thumb1

Welcome to the Stables!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
06 Jan 2022 20:42 #17461 by CortlandBill
Replied by CortlandBill on topic Store Reopening Update
ok - understood Geno - makes sense -- i have been going to the "shop" tool bar menu for awhile waiting to be able to get a few things --- but had not seen that posting that you were on pause -- perhaps I missed it but if its possible to put that posting for when someone navigates to "shop" so they see that notice then it would help people to understand the pause - thanks for all you do -- stay well ...... Bill
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geno

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
04 Feb 2022 09:26 #17529 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic Store Reopening Update
I finally got the limitations lifted on my account even after refusing to bow to their demands, I think the bleeding of their stock was the real reason. I told them I had already closed my other 2 accounts and if they were going to "steal" what money I had in the Stables account with no explanation so be it, but I would not send them any of the personal information they wanted. I sent them an email stating the same thing on Dec 1 of last year. I also told them the credit card info they had was no good as Citibank sent me a new card with a new number, and the bank account info they had was no good either because it had no money in it and I had already opened a new one. After fighting this for over 2 months and calling them one last time a few days ago the limitations were lifted that same evening...

What did I do... I transferred the money to the old empty account, then to the new one, removed the payment methods and bank info like I did on the other 2 Paypal accounts, then closed that last of my 3 accounts this morning... No more Paypal for me, ever. Once trust is lost it's lost.

I was digging around the account before I closed it and found out why I think they wanted all that personal information, I think they are trying to help Big Brother watch and report what people do  :nono There is a screenshot of that page and their stock page below as well, they have lost 60% of their stock value in the past 6 months, and 25% of that was in 1 day just a few days ago...

I'm glad I could help their stock value by leaving them for good as many others seem to be doing... :laughing

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: nappypappy

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
12 Feb 2022 09:35 #17552 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic Store Reopening Update
I just updated the banner on the WHS Parts Page and in the store this morning to this -

The online store is closed at this time but all of these parts and thousands more are available at our shop.
We do not ship any parts.

I've been thinking and praying about this for months but I've realized from the time the store was closed I've had a real peace and much better quality of life in the few months that it has been closed. I don't have to think first thing every morning about having to rush to package up parts and try to get them to the Post Office somehow while trying to do everything else.

Don't get me wrong, I love to work and I love what I do, but I had no idea this business would turn into so much of monstrous snowball rolling down hill and consume my life like it has. I decided after spending time with dad last year building his new barn, spending time out of the shop, and enjoying life a little more even though there was still a lot of work involved that I need to slow down and enjoy life a little. I've not known much my whole life other than working, eating, and sleeping 70+ hours a week except for a short time when I turned 50 and semi-retired over 10 years ago. I vowed to do it again when I turned 60 last year as soon as I caught up on a few things and that's what I'm determined to try to do again.

Lord willing if He provides more space and help in the future it may reopen but for the foreseeable future it will remain closed.

Welcome to the Stables!
The following user(s) said Thank You: nappypappy

Time to create page: 0.253 seconds