What's everybody doing?

More
06 Sep 2021 08:39 #17271 by nappypappy
Replied by nappypappy on topic What's everybody doing?

Geno wrote: I can't believe that was 7 years ago, where did the time go?! :surprised :laughing

Time flys for sure and where did all them tractors go?
:smile2 :bacon0

1985 416-8
520-H
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
I can't see the forest for the trees.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
06 Sep 2021 09:17 #17272 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic What's everybody doing?
The ones in the pics you put up were all sold many years ago and hundreds more since then lol. :tounge2

I do still have the old Toro 76 you were sitting on though, it's down at the farm in a barn with a lot of others... :jump1

Welcome to the Stables!

More
06 Sep 2021 09:23 #17273 by nappypappy

Geno wrote: The ones in the pics you put up were all sold many years ago and hundreds more since then lol. :tounge2

I do still have the old Toro 76 you were sitting on though, it's down at the farm in a barn with a lot of others... :jump1

ok me being nosey...i like that o 76 its a mean machine.....:smile2 :cof3 :bacon0 :wsun

1985 416-8
520-H

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
13 Sep 2021 10:13 #17282 by Geno
Same thing I do every Mon morning, get all the late Sat + Sunday orders out lol. :tounge2

It sure is nice having the new, non cluttered counters, I have a place to work up front and can even can find stuff now. :woo

I'm also getting caught up on my sleep at least a little so I'm ready to go go go, sort of. :laughing

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
15 Sep 2021 18:46 #17287 by Geno
Last Sat I spent some time at the farm doing some steam cleaning on Dad's 756 turbo and his old Massey 135. The 135 had some fuel leaks last week that suddenly got a lot worse and needed a few other little things I ordered in, but one of the leaks was the diesel tank so the hood and front end came off that were in pretty rough shape to clean it up and get to the tank and lines. It had been run into a few things in the early 80's we think and a lot of the metal was fractured or broken off where the little 1/4 - 20 bolts and weld nuts held everything together. Plus,,, someone attacked it with a welder all over so it all had to be cut apart while trying to save everything. It wasn't me I don't think and dad can't remember but that's either when I owned the car audio shop or worked for Sony and I worked a lot more hours then than I do now lol. :hemademe1 :hemademe2

All of the silver pieces are straightened, pieced back together and welded up. The hood, side panels, and nose piece are all cut apart so all that's left for tomorrow are the red parts. I'm still trying to figure out why everything has to happen so close together or all at once but I think I should just give up on trying to figure that out... :laughing

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: nappypappy

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
16 Sep 2021 18:15 #17289 by Geno
Had some WH peeps in today but got the rest of the 135 parts straightened and most everything welded back in. It's like putting a jigsaw puzzle together with a lot of straightening and stitch welding and the steel isn't very thick. This thing is built like a uni-body getting it's strength from multiple pieces bolted together, some 3 layers thick so there are a lot of holes that have to be just right, and welded on the correct side where other pieces bolt to it. :whew Dad is bringing the tractor up tomorrow morning to test fit it all. The front support went right together without a problem. I'm surprised it did after all the straitening, piecing, and pieces welded back in where they seemed to line up. I guess OCD comes in handy sometimes lol. :laughing

After this emergency is done will be all the clean up from it, then it will be prob back to all the Fastenal store stuff. They have to be completely out of the store in less than 2 weeks from today and there's still a lot of stuff over there... I've been ready for almost 2 months since this post started, but I also figured it was gonna be a last minute thing like a lot of peeps do which drives me a little nuts lol. :help :tounge2

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
22 Oct 2021 08:41 #17332 by Geno
I am cleaning up the desktop this morning and was getting ready to put the Massey pic folder away and decided to see if I finished the progress pics on it here and of course I didn't lol. :jump1

Anyway,,, It got a new fuel filter and glass bowl for the water separator, a few small leaks fixed, a new battery box welded in that was gone for many years, the hood and front end put back on, the steering rods straightened out, and 4 new tie rod ends.

Just a word of advise if anyone plans on buying a Massey... We've had this one for over 40 years and it's still a great little tractor but some parts are really hard to get, there are no longer any Massey dealers in the USA so it wouldn't be a good idea to buy one that needs too much work... :thumb

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
23 Oct 2021 17:02 #17335 by Geno
I got to stick around the shop all day today, it was a little weird but nice for sure. I'll be so glad when things get back to normal... :thumb1

I got to finish up the cleaning I started out back I don't even remember when, but it's been awhile. The trailers, wagons, and big toro tractor are all moved, lot is cleaned up and mowed, and a bad tire is replaced on the heavy trailer. I need to figure out where all this stuff and everything from the farm is gonna go but I have another plan in the works that may take care of it, not sure yet, we'll see...

Welcome to the Stables!

More
23 Oct 2021 17:18 #17336 by nappypappy

Geno wrote: I got to stick around the shop all day today, it was a little weird but nice for sure. I'll be so glad when things get back to normal... :thumb1

I got to finish up the cleaning I started out back I don't even remember when, but it's been awhile. The trailers, wagons, and big toro tractor are all moved, lot is cleaned up and mowed, and a bad tire is replaced on the heavy trailer. I need to figure out where all this stuff and everything from the farm is gonna go but I have another plan in the works that may take care of it, not sure yet, we'll see...

Well bring all you want to my house cause i got a empty backyard.....:smile2 :cof3 :bacon0

1985 416-8
520-H

More
23 Oct 2021 21:17 #17337 by CortlandBill
love the trailers with all the old WH herd in them - what the heck are you going to do with them?

Time to create page: 0.488 seconds