• Geno
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
01 May 2024 19:21 #18357 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic What's everybody doing?
I'm taking a few days off to do some rearranging.  Actually I was after an extra Amana package unit that was in the 4 car garage to list on CL along with the one in the waiting area.  I thought while I'm working on the waiting area it should get a small new mini split.  The Amana unit was on the top shelf on a pallet with some other things, the now empty spot with a new grate on it in the 2nd pic.  It's now in the shop, 4th pic. 

This is when I started thinking...      After moving all of that stuff I thought I may as well put new grates on the pallet racks that were missing.  I have a ton of them brand new from the last Fastenal store we cleared out.   Then everything spiraled out of control as happens with me sometimes.  I thought now that the grates were on and everything was out of the way I should do some rearranging...  Then I thought I should put little red in the shop and put grates on that rack and rearrange there too.

There were 2 pallets on the floor behind all the Fastenal stuff that needed to be moved out of there as well.  One was full of round hood parts, the other was my personal single stage snow blower and tiller.  Those are going somewhere else and non Wheel Horse stuff is going there on the floor instead.  Been working on it all day and there is stuff everywhere but I should have this part of it finished up tomorrow.   

Welcome to the Stables!
The following user(s) said Thank You: nappypappy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
03 May 2024 19:15 #18358 by Geno
There are 2-8' (outside) and 2-10' pallet racks (both in center) on the back wall.  They fit the garage and can get more shelves on the end units and vehicles and taller things under the center ones.  I cut down 2 of the grates so they went the entire 10' across on the left center pallet rack.  Two of the the pallet rack grates were finished yesterday on the back wall and with some rearranging made a lot of extra space.  If I can get the convertible out next time we get a few nice days of good weather I can make even more extra space on the other 2 on the back wall.  After that stuff that can go there and get it out of the shop whenever the weather gets another nice spurt. 

They make grates to fit the 10' and longer racks but these were brand new and free, free is good.  

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
04 May 2024 19:27 - 04 May 2024 19:48 #18359 by Geno
Spent some of yesterday and today cleaning, organizing, and getting some more things ready for CL.  I found a lot more of the Fastenal uprights in the other garage the other day and they are all put with the rest of them in the shop. 

I have 2 Generac Professional pressure washers that were in the paint booth but are going on CL next week.  I have this terrible habit of when I buy something new I keep the old ones just in case, that has to stop...  One of them I ran till it was out of gas and it looks great inside everything, the other I didn't so now it had to get torn apart and cleaned out. 

I also made a quick $5 dolly out of an old fence plank and the box of 50 wheels for $54 I got a long time ago.  Nothing fancy but it works great for sliding the Wheel Horse books and files I use the most in the file box out of and under the counter.    I may even paint if later when time allows... 

Welcome to the Stables!
Last edit: 04 May 2024 19:48 by Geno.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
06 May 2024 19:12 #18360 by Geno
My friend Lee that does floor covering installs brought me some more rubber matting left over from jobs a few weeks ago so I took a little extra time for lunch and got the front Fastenal bench/counter top finished up.  He also brought me 12 new 2x2 HD rubber tiles, the ones in the first pic.  He does some exercise places, that's where this stuff is from.  I love it when he has extra and has no use for it, that makes it free, minus doing some work for him when he needs it. 

The support boards got the edges painted black then the top rubber mat cut.  It had some curling on the ends but curling it back and taking a heat gun to it took care of that.  It's not perfectly flat in a few small places but it should lay down in a few days, if not the heat gun will come back out. 

One more small thing off the list.

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
07 May 2024 19:12 #18362 by Geno
I really need to mow.  It finally dried out a little, but after a round around the buildings we got another huge down pour.  I guess on the upside the lawn is getting somewhat of a free reseeding. 

I took a little time today (when I thought I would be mowing) to finally get the hose reel on the steamer after 3 years...  More on it in the Tools + Equip Section.  

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
09 May 2024 19:36 #18363 by Geno
I quit at 6PM today and got all of the new seating for now up front, and put some of the custom Wheel Horse metal stuff we make on the back wall.  All of the new seating can just be turned upside down and put on the counter to clean or mop, and the leather seats will be easy to keep clean.  I like the new uncluttered look a whole whole lot. 

My fav one is the red one, but it and the other larger wood based one were also the most expensive...  I may work on this room a little more tomorrow if time allows. 

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
11 May 2024 18:35 #18366 by Geno
Didn't schedule too heavy today so I had a lot of time to get a few more things done around here. 

Both of the pressure washers started on the 2nd pull so they cleaned each other, then the cover for the Amana heat pump in the waiting area and the extra Amana heat pump as well.  I may keep the pressure washer with the dual soap tanks for a backup and put the other on CL after a little more detailed cleaning next week.  I also still had the original boxes and packing for the pressure washers upstairs so they got burned along with a ton of cardboard boxes from the new furniture in the waiting area and a lot of other misc boxes.  

I also moved a lot of stuff around out back.  My plan is to try to unload the wagons full of tractors back there next week sometime and put them in the lot to start parting some of them out as time allows.  A lot of peeps have been calling about parts since I put up the CL ad about WH parts as well and I need some of them up here.  

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
13 May 2024 19:02 #18367 by Geno
Playing with tractors this afternoon before the next rain comes in tonight.  I had 15 of them on 2 wagons out back that I meant to unload a few years ago but things happen... 

Anyway, last Winter sometime one of the main beams on one of the wagons gave way, I didn't notice it until the first mowing this year.  They've been out there long enough that the tires were buried up to the wheel so I had to get the dually out to get them to the parking lot.  They are unloaded now, some in a few empty spots on the trailers and the rest all over for now.  Once the weather clears up again there's gonna be another big parking lot rearranging but at least they are up here now where I can use the forklift.  I have peeps waiting for parts off of some of them so this little mess moved to the top of the list. 

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
16 May 2024 17:37 #18370 by Geno
Had a customer from middle of Ohio looking for a nice original 14hp or so hydro with hydro lift, and a nice rust free 42" SD deck.  I had something to put together for him and it's already been picked up and headed back to Ohio. 

It's another one I was gonna keep but I do have a few too many already... 

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.413 seconds