• Topic Author
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
04 Jan 2024 18:44 #18267 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic Oil Bench Redo
Not much done today either, too busy with other things like work...  

I just got the outlet trim on the pegboard so it would look nice, and found out all of the Milwaukee display stuff works on the Fastenal stuff.  The Milwaukee setup lets you put hangers anywhere, not just in the pegboard holes, smart peeps.   

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
05 Jan 2024 18:48 #18268 by Geno
Another busy day at work, not complaining but would like to play with more cleaning and organizing... 

Everything got quiet about an hour ago and another big cart is clear.  I've decided the first carts getting emptied are Fastenal fixture parts.  They are really heavy and hard to move around so they are going on the bottom shelves of the new gondolas.  There are only 2 carts with Fastenal stuff on them and since the extra gondola shelves are all back there it should be a good place to keep things all together.  Each shelf will have the parts used (that will fit on a shelf) for it's particular setup so they are easy to find as well.  

Going to do the cart in the last pic in the morning, I hope...  It's super heavy and the bottom shelves on the other gondola would be a good place to put that stuff. 

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
06 Jan 2024 17:15 #18269 by Geno
The gondola bottom supports were put up this morning, 1 more cart clear. 

Next up was a project cart.  I found a lot of stuff on there that was ignored for years, there's something to be said about being too busy to finish things.     The next gondola accessory is pretty cool, it holds 7 blue bins.  First, the tricycle kit parts and patterns went in some drawers.

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
06 Jan 2024 17:25 #18270 by Geno
Next was the new metal dash kits and parts.  The ones with the round hole for the generator light, and the ones for the rectangular light switch are done minus bending and paint.  There are 50 of each, and the decals are also figured out for them because the center bump is not in these making the decal easy to put on.  I got into making one for the newer models with the plastic cover, the prototypes are done but never made any quantity of them.  These have been sitting around for about 8 years...  I'm going to make it a point to finish the first 2 this year that are ready to bend + paint, it's actually on a list of things to do so I don't forget... 

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
06 Jan 2024 17:41 - 06 Jan 2024 17:44 #18271 by Geno
The next surprise I found was the light kit parts I started on around 8 years ago as well.  With the iron worker here now they would be easy to make.  There's a bin full of bottom cross piece mounts already cut, they just need to be punched.  I also found a bunch of new light options that I forgot were here.  A slightly smaller beehive like the oldest originals, some 3 led pieces that are the same diameter as the originals, some red halo + 7K watt projectors, some small bright LED's, and a lot of the larger LED's for the person who wants blinding light. 

It all fit in the bins and there's a shelf on top of them for larger parts and the tricycle assy jig.  The unit is still solid but I don't think it would be wise to put anymore heavy things on that one, there's an enormous amount of weight on there already so the remaining shelves will be lighter stuff. 

4 carts cleared and 4 more to go... 

Welcome to the Stables!
Last edit: 06 Jan 2024 17:44 by Geno.

Time to create page: 0.466 seconds