• Geno
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
21 Dec 2023 19:23 #18252 by Geno
This Fastenal chain station came from the last store I cleaned out.  Now it's finally going to become of some use, just not for chain.  It will make a nice really heavy duty roll around.  If anyone close by is interested in a nice HD chain cutter let me know, it's going on Craigslist in a few days.  It's laying on top in the first pic.

Some of today was getting it cleaned off and making a wheel setup much like what was made for the band saw last week.  The adjustable cross pieces say they hold 1600lbs per pair so both shelves can hold 3200lbs.  Not that I can get that much weight on it but it will be strong enough to put anything around here on it. 

Welcome to the Stables!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
21 Dec 2023 19:35 #18253 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic Fastenal Chain Station Mods
This is just punching holes and putting it all together much like the band saw, other than the wheel plates are facing in the opposite direction.  The 2nd pic shows a little trick on how I use the punch set to get a perfect hole center from just a mark on something.  Giving away more of my tricks lol. 

The reason I only did the butt weld will be evident now.  It was so I could lay them together and use one end for a pattern to make the rest of the marking really easy.  The bottom reinforcement was last.  They are already painted, can dry overnight and be ready to be put on in the morning. 

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
22 Dec 2023 17:22 - 22 Dec 2023 17:28 #18254 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic Fastenal Chain Station Mods
Wrapped up the wheels today.  Other stuff going on tomorrow but the main thing was getting this on wheels to make it easy to move around.    On all of these setups I've done here lately one of the reasons everything is so precise is I'm punching a 5/16 hole for a 5/16 bolt and the caster hole is about the same.  With putting 4 bolts in through 2 pieces of metal everything has to be pretty much perfect or they won't work, you can see in the 2nd pic just how tight the bolt is in the hole.

It's nice to have some free dollies again too, there are tons of them around here with stuff sitting on them for years... 

Welcome to the Stables!
Last edit: 22 Dec 2023 17:28 by Geno.

Time to create page: 0.242 seconds