• Geno
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
15 Feb 2022 15:20 #17562 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic Project Trisickle, maybe...
Outside steam cleaning, (well dad is at the moment lol) and forgot to put these up after lunch. It's a little Deja Vu for me, only with ivory wheels instead if silver... :tounge2

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: nappypappy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
24 Feb 2022 10:59 #17577 by Geno
Played hooky for a little while yesterday and did a little work on the trike. I have a few new round metal seats left that are identical to the originals from the earlier 60's so one of them got blasted for this one. It came out with a square seat but to make it look like an old Farmall I use the round seats. The fuel tank decal is on, and the ammeter also got replaced with a volt gauge and wired up and put in.

I also thought of a new trick while trying to figure out how to do the wiring on this one. The volt gauge and ignition switch will need a good ground for the magneto kill so I thought I would mount a double sided terminal lug in one of the fuel tank bolts since there was good clean unpainted metal there under the bolts. There's not a lot of places to hide wires on this tractor and I hate seeing extra wires and grounds on bolts so it seemed that was a good place to hide it. New paint is hard on grounds so this will add grounding to the main switch body ground, ground the volt gauge, and the other lug will go down to the extra switch body ground lug (6th terminal) on the newer style magneto switch to make sure there is a really good ground path. :thumb1

There are some pics below if it's something you would like to try on one of these. You could also add another terminal in the opposite direction to make a place for 4 connections if you need a good grounding point for other things. :yes

Welcome to the Stables!
The following user(s) said Thank You: nappypappy

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
24 Feb 2022 18:59 #17579 by Geno
Since I seem to still be out here over 70 hrs a week (for now), I'm gonna at least use an hour or a little more a day for what I want to do and live life a little... I've been doing good at putting the phone away at 6 or so so I do get a little peace... :tounge2

The fuel tank went right on in a few minutes then it was time to do a little wiring while it was nice and quiet. I put a few ends on some wires to make a custom harness and thought my plan was going really well until I started to figure where the regulator would be... Now I know why they put it on the engine originally, there's really nowhere else good to put it. :doh

Anyway,,, I thought about the nuts I welded on the backside of the cover when it was off for the starter solenoid and that seems to be the only good place to put a bracket. I'm not sure if I know what I'm doing but we'll see how it works out, it should work, I think... :laughing The bends are in the flat piece of steel to move it away from the head a little so it will be in a cooler spot. There's a good start on it and it's going quick thanks to the iron worker but tomorrow's another day and I'm hungry again. :hungry

Welcome to the Stables!

More
25 Feb 2022 09:47 #17583 by GT 14
Replied by GT 14 on topic Project Trisickle, maybe...
:bow1 :10 :bow2

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geno

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
25 Feb 2022 10:15 #17585 by Geno
I've been playing with it this morning and think it's gonna work out pretty good. The wiring will be out of sight when the hood is on and real easy to work on when the hood is off. I would prefer it be a little smaller but I think it needs the height for rigidity so it doesn't try to crack from vibration over time. :smile2

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
25 Feb 2022 15:16 #17586 by Geno
I took a few mins during lunch too make all of the pieces for the rest of the engine harness, everything in the 1st pic minus wire for the extension will finish it up. This one was really easy because it got a female end on the engine that was matched up to the new style switch. There is 1 open spot in the front disconnect for the acc for the volt gauge and the 6th ground spot but they are already made and ready to go on at the switch end of the extension (last pic). Now it's just a matter of making a male to female extension with all the same colors back to the switch in the tractor, then it can be taped up and made to look nice. The other nice thing is just the fact that it is a total engine disconnect, just unplug it and that's it with no extra wires to remove like the newer style tractors. :thumb1

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
25 Feb 2022 18:56 #17587 by Geno
3 updates in one day, I'm doing better lol. :laughing Not a lot of time invested, just 3 spurts in between everything else...

Grab the right colors off the wire rack, crimp on some ends, match colors with the one on the engine, snap them in, and walla. :tounge2 Time for that food thing again, I don't know how suppertime rolls around so fast, seems like it was just lunchtime.... :confused1

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
26 Feb 2022 17:59 #17588 by Geno
Not much on this one today, hung out with dad for awhile and fixed a few other things but did manage to paint the new bracket and wrap up the extension harness. The wiring should be finished on Monday. :smile2

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

More
27 Feb 2022 09:22 #17589 by GT 14
Replied by GT 14 on topic Project Trisickle, maybe...
:thumb1 :thumb :thumb1

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geno

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
08 Mar 2022 11:39 #17612 by Geno
Houston we have ignition lol. :laughing

Played a little more hooky this morning, made a few battery cables and finished up the wiring. It looks like most of it should be hidden nicely under the hood once it's done. :thumb1

Welcome to the Stables!

Time to create page: 0.290 seconds