• Geno
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
12 May 2018 09:52 - 12 May 2018 09:52 #14609 by Geno
I took a break this week and will be next week to do some house work.

A few weeks ago I started a fire in the house and learned pretty quickly that someone had built a nest in my stove pipe lol. :doh It's turned out to be a big blessing because the insurance company is cleaning up the place. They came in this week and cleaned and boxed up every piece of decor, even the pics on the walls. I thought this would be a good time to patch all the walls, finish some trim work, and make a little mess before they start the real house cleaning. :smile2

They are bringing in a POD to put everything in today or Monday. They will clean everything except anything fabric which all goes to the dry cleaners like bedding, curtains and such, put it in the pod, clean all of the walls, trim, windows, and ceilings, then seal and repaint everything, they are even replacing all of the plantation blinds because they said it's cheaper than trying to clean them. After the painting is done they will get out any furniture with fabric on it like the couches and such, then Stanley Steamer is coming in to clean all of that, floors, and carpet, then they will put everything back where it was. Anything that doesn't clean gets replaced so it should be like a brand new place in a few weeks lol. :thumb1

I told them I want to leave a lot of it boxed up after they're done, I think I may become a minimalist so there is less to clean. :tounge2 It's a little inconvenience but well worth it for all the work and free Spring cleaning. :yay

Welcome to the Stables!
Last edit: 12 May 2018 09:52 by Geno.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
12 May 2018 15:36 #14610 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic Doing a little house work
I bumped the center cabinet above the stove for a microwave, and put a bigger fridge in meaning the pantry had to be moved over more years ago than I care to remember...  :whistle

Since the cabinet had an inset I had to make some oak panels to fill it in so it would look right and the crown would sit right. Also had to stain them and some small trim to finish up a few other loose ends from when the counter top and back splash were done. The fun part is going to be getting the crown stops done near the bumped cabinet. I'm not stopping till I get this mess finally done! :rolling

The first pic is the mess I made a long time ago, at least the microwave mess... :tounge2

Welcome to the Stables!

More
13 May 2018 09:26 #14611 by motor12
Replied by motor12 on topic Doing a little house work
Its nice to have good insurance when they take care of business in a timely manor. When its done hire a maid service to keep it tidy, French of course.

1958/model RJ58
1964/model 854

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
13 May 2018 13:56 #14612 by Geno
Wow Motor, that's a great idea! :cleaning :yay

:rolling3

Welcome to the Stables!

More
15 May 2018 05:49 #14616 by GT 14
Replied by GT 14 on topic Doing a little house work
Looks good, gotta love those Micro Waves.

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geno

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
15 May 2018 16:20 #14617 by Geno
Had a 3 girl cleaning crew in this morning that does and incredible job, everything is sparkling lol. Tomorrow morning they are coming back to finish up what they can't get to and the moving crew is coming in the morning as well. The house will be empty tomorrow. :thumb1

The pod finally made it in today too. A lot of stuff isn't getting unboxed, gonna leave it boxed for when I move someday. A lot of it is stuff from the years of couponing and getting lots of free stuff anyway. :rolling All of the boxes on the forklift are full of the blue shop towels, they are cleaned, deodorized, boxed up and ready for a move. :jump1

Now I'm heading back to finish some trim.

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
18 May 2018 08:01 #14622 by Geno
Painting crew is coming in Monday. I've been fixing every little thing I can find while the house is mostly empty. I usually quit between 9-10pm, I'll be glad to get back to Horsing around, I think it's easier and more fun. :rolling

Welcome to the Stables!

More
18 May 2018 09:01 #14623 by motor12
Replied by motor12 on topic Doing a little house work
Looks like you've been a busy boy, you'll probably be finished with that project by the end of the month. Just in time..:cleaning

1958/model RJ58
1964/model 854

More
18 May 2018 16:44 #14626 by nappypappy
busy busy busy..good for the mind......:smile2 :10 :yay :bacon0

1985 416-8
520-H
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
I can't see the forest for the trees.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
18 May 2018 21:12 #14627 by Geno
I told them at the start of this they had to be all done by no later than the 28th. It's looking like they'll be done sooner than that even though it's a little more work than we all expected. I'll just be glad to be able to have a little more time to rest before running to bed lol. :rolling

Welcome to the Stables!

Time to create page: 0.361 seconds