Where I've been hiding for over a year...

• Geno
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
27 Apr 2018 13:49 #14554 by Geno
I guess it's about time I explained why I disappeared for most of last year and the beginning of this year. :doh

I found out this has been going on for a few years but got really bad the beginning of 2017. I've had a thyroid condition for about 14 years and had trouble getting the meds right for the past several years. Last year it went really bad, like all of the bad symptoms went on steroids. I didn't eat supper for over a year and ate less in a day than most people have for breakfast just to keep my weight down where it belongs. I had absolutely no energy at all, froze to death at almost 80 degrees, wanted to sleep all the time, never felt like I ever woke up even when up, had terrible brain fog, and sank into a deep depression that everything became meaningless. It took all of the willpower and strength I had to get back to work and start doing something the beginning of this year. Finally a new Doctor found the cause about 3 weeks ago, it was then that I was diagnosed with Hashimotos Disease. She sent me to an Endocrinologist in Lexington, he told me the test numbers didn't mean anything. My Anti-thyroglobulin count is supposed to be between 0.0 and 0.9, mine was 727.4. The body is actually attacking the Thyroid so the medication is not doing anything at all. After talking to my doctor and she telling me that evidently we know more about this than he does I decided to make another call.

My friend Monte and Chiropractor that used to be here and is now in Texas has an MD, Nutritionist, Dietician friend that a house across the street from him in Texas that has a large clinic in MO. I called him and he told me to send me a copy of my blood work because he was in town and home. He told me to take 4 different all natural supplements from a company called Standard Process. Monte is also a Standard Process Dealer, he had everything I needed drop shipped to me and had it in a few days. There are 2 12 week programs and I started on the 1st one 3 weeks ago. My eyes opened within 5 days like I was finally awake, and everything really bad greatly subsided in 1 week. I still feel more awake and more ready to go every day and without any prescription drugs. The cold natured part, depression and brain fog, is all gone now, I have started back into go mode and look forward to work again. I can't wait till I see how I feel in 24 weeks, I may be bouncing off the walls again lol. :rolling

There's a ton more to the story but too much to type, if we talk on the phone or see you at the show I'll fill you in if you want to know. It was the most horrible thing I ever experienced in my life, but thank the Lord a lot of good came from it, it made me a better person, and my perspective on life and what happens in it is all in line where it belongs. :thumb

Welcome to the Stables!
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23 AUTOMATIC LSE

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
27 Apr 2018 17:39 #14555 by nappypappy
:yay :10 :woo :bacon0

1985 416-8
520-H
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
I can't see the forest for the trees.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geno

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
27 Apr 2018 17:56 #14556 by Geno
BTW, I talked to Nappy on the phone today and told him before I posted this. :tounge2 I know I told Kurt on the phone the other day, Terry (Vinylguy), Glenn Pettit, Matt that I just restored the tractor for knows, maybe another 1 or 2 that I can't remember lol. Only Dad and a few others knew until 2 weeks ago. I tend to keep a lot of stuff to myself about me, except for a lot of Horse stuff of course. :rolling

Welcome to the Stables!

More
28 Apr 2018 07:30 #14557 by GT 14
That sounds really good Geno, all natural is the way to go. Big pharma has its own agenda, and all the side effects to boot.

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225

More
28 Apr 2018 09:21 #14558 by motor12
Glad to hear your on the mend, makes you appreciate what we all take for granted. Good health..:yay

1958/model RJ58
1964/model 854

More
28 Apr 2018 09:44 #14559 by nappypappy

motor12 wrote: Glad to hear your on the mend, makes you appreciate what we all take for granted. Good health..:yay

And i second that emotion........................................................:woo :smile2 :cof3 :10 :bacon0

1985 416-8
520-H
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
I can't see the forest for the trees.

More
05 May 2018 15:45 #14605 by BobsBullitt
Your continued recovery is in our prayers, I think a lot of you Geno and truly hope you continue to improve....I'm here if you need me....thanks Bob

Time to create page: 0.449 seconds