• Geno
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
08 Feb 2018 16:27 - 08 Feb 2018 16:27 #14259 by Geno
Yea I'm changing a few things again... I may get into trying to do some updates that I've had trouble with in the past.

Things may get ugly here and there so be patient with me please. :rolling

The operating system update doesn't like something on the site and I wouldn't be surprised if the whole site goes down for a few minutes here and there. I already know how to bring it back pretty quick and start over, learned that the last time I tried this... Would be nice if I could find some help but the help I found so far like last time messed things up pretty bad. That's how I learned to bring it back lol. :doh

Welcome to the Stables!
Last edit: 08 Feb 2018 16:27 by Geno.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
08 Feb 2018 19:38 #14260 by Geno
The site was down for a bit but the main problem of getting the operating system up to the newer 3.8 series has begun. The big hurdle is over and it is at 3.8.0, there are 5 more updates to get it fully updated to 3.8.5 but just getting to the 3.8.0 level was the major change. I use Joomla for an operating system, it is rock solid. eBay and a lot of other big sites use the same OS. When I built the site I wanted the latest and greatest and you all know me, if you're gonna do it do it big lol. :rolling

All that is left is 5 more small OS update patches, and then updating the template and forum software. The fancy website template software was the main problem with all of this and may still be a problem when I try to update it, we will see tomorrow and hopefully all will go well... I can remove the software and customize the template manually if need be, it will just take more time and may not be as pretty for awhile lol. :doh

I added a simpler login and register button right under the shoutbox as well today, it used to be on the front page. Moving it off of the front page a few months ago helped a lot with the spammers. The create account button on the one that is also still on the forum is too big, asks too many questions, and is confusing to some. I'm going to modify the code for the setup that has been on the forum page for awhile soon to try to simplify it instead of using yet another module on the site. The site needs to be streamlined and a few things fixed in the OS, not clogged up with more stuff (modules) to "fix" or customize it. :thumb1

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
09 Feb 2018 13:20 #14263 by Geno
Operating system is fully up to date. :yay

Welcome to the Stables!
The following user(s) said Thank You: GT 14, nappypappy

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
20 Mar 2018 08:00 #14398 by Geno

Geno wrote: I added a simpler login and register button right under the shoutbox as well today, it used to be on the front page. Moving it off of the front page a few months ago helped a lot with the spammers. The create account button on the one that is also still on the forum is too big, asks too many questions, and is confusing to some. I'm going to modify the code for the setup that has been on the forum page for awhile soon to try to simplify it instead of using yet another module on the site. The site needs to be streamlined and a few things fixed in the OS, not clogged up with more stuff (modules) to "fix" or customize it. :thumb1

I am removing the simpler register button today and deleting a ton of spammers. Somehow it must be easy for the spammers to find lol. :rolling

Welcome to the Stables!

Time to create page: 0.334 seconds