• Topic Author
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
12 Nov 2016 11:26 #12649 by Geno
Shoutbox upgrade was created by Geno
I think it's finally done and fixed up. Any changes you guys would like to see, can everyone read it ok? I may play with it a little and try to tighten up the layout but that's about it.

You can click a name in the shoutbox to go to their profile, thumbs up a shout, you can edit your own shout for 10 minutes, if you scroll to the bottom and click the history button all of the previous shouts pop up in a new modal. The little dot at the right lower corner of the avatar pic tells you if someone is online or not.

I just added another module that will post a shout in the shoutbox when a post or reply is made on the Forum. We'll see if it works after this post lol. :)

Welcome to the Stables!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
12 Nov 2016 13:05 #12650 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic Shoutbox upgrade
Test

Welcome to the Stables!

More
13 Nov 2016 09:12 - 13 Nov 2016 09:15 #12654 by motor12
Replied by motor12 on topic Shoutbox upgrade
Upgrade, my favorite word. the improvement looks good and is easy to use.

1958/model RJ58
1964/model 854
Last edit: 13 Nov 2016 09:15 by motor12.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geno

More
13 Nov 2016 09:43 #12658 by motor12
Replied by motor12 on topic Shoutbox upgrade
I just noticed that the shout out box notification message seems to take up lots of space and when you want to check in (good morning) it makes it less personal when your comment is lost in the notification posts. I like to see who chimed in and not have them lost in the repeated notifications. Just sayin.

1958/model RJ58
1964/model 854

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
13 Nov 2016 10:41 #12659 by Geno
Nice to hear, I was thinking the same lol. :)

Welcome to the Stables!

More
02 Nov 2017 06:02 - 02 Nov 2017 06:03 #14080 by nappypappy
Replied by nappypappy on topic Shoutbox upgrade
I cant find the shout box this morning and any ideas on where it went?
:cof3 :cof4 :smile2 :hello :bacon0

1985 416-8
520-H
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
I can't see the forest for the trees.
Last edit: 02 Nov 2017 06:03 by nappypappy.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
02 Nov 2017 08:05 #14081 by Geno
The new operating system update is not liking the template system I use. There are over 100 modules on this site and the template system runs everything as far as what it looks like. I have the template people involved working on their software that isn't ready for the new operating system update. Looks like they dropped the ball and are trying to figure it out. :doh

I reinstalled an older version of the operating system and lost the Shoutbox, but with the new operating system update installed I lost the whole site until I fixed it. :whew

If you come here and get a big 404 error screen it means I'm playing around trying to see what they advise to fix their stuff, or trying to fix it myself lol.

Welcome to the Stables!

More
02 Nov 2017 09:28 #14082 by nappypappy
Replied by nappypappy on topic Shoutbox upgrade
Ok ....I wasn't sure if the problem was on my end or yours since my PC is getting old and doesn't seem to like me very much......................................................:smile2

Geno wrote: The new operating system update is not liking the template system I use. There are over 100 modules on this site and the template system runs everything as far as what it looks like. I have the template people involved working on their software that isn't ready for the new operating system update. Looks like they dropped the ball and are trying to figure it out. :doh

I reinstalled an older version of the operating system and lost the Shoutbox, but with the new operating system update installed I lost the whole site until I fixed it. :whew

If you come here and get a big 404 error screen it means I'm playing around trying to see what they advise to fix their stuff, or trying to fix it myself lol.

:bacon0

1985 416-8
520-H
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
I can't see the forest for the trees.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
04 Nov 2017 09:54 - 04 Nov 2017 09:54 #14085 by Geno
Well I found some database problems that the template thingy screwed up, shoutbox is back for now. :) I may blow it up again trying the new updates but now I know how to fix it myself.

Funny how you pay for something and can't get much help from the developers... :confused1 It's a pain in the butt to stay cutting edge sometimes. :rolling

Welcome to the Stables!
Last edit: 04 Nov 2017 09:54 by Geno.

Time to create page: 0.449 seconds