Snow Blade Attachment on a 1973 Raider 12

More
16 Mar 2015 21:22 - 16 Mar 2015 21:37 #1161 by FewMoreMiles
I have a 41" (according to tape measure) snow blade that I purchased from Geno along with my 1973 Raider 12. The deck lift mechanism is a solid rod, and is larger in diameter than the hole(s) in the snow plow mid mount plate. For some reason, it appears that the rear mount rod on the blade itself is too large a diameter for the Wheelhorse rear mount attachment. Any advice on this? Have always had the newer tractors and attachments, and everything was pretty much factory mated and easy to work with. Not sure if something is missing, or if I am holding my head wrong during install. Really like this Raider 12, and especially this cool little original plow with serial numbers and old style "wheelhorse" written on it ;) Look forward to a clean restoration of the two! Thanks guys and gals!
Attachments:
Last edit: 16 Mar 2015 21:37 by FewMoreMiles.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
16 Mar 2015 21:38 #1162 by Kyblue
You don't use the piece sticking out... there's a link that goes from the arm (you can see the hole) down to the plow frame.

Tis a common mistake made by many (including me)

There's room for all god's creatures ..... next to the mashed potatoes (and possibly bbq'd)

More
16 Mar 2015 21:38 #1163 by Scott
The deck lift has a hole about 4 inchs back from the deck lift pin. Attach a short chain to that hole and attach the other end to one of the holes in the lift tab on the plow. This set up is for a floating plow setup. If you want to add more down pressure to the plow you need to remove the T bar, or deck lift and add a solid lift bar in its place. I added some pics.
Attachments:

More
16 Mar 2015 21:41 #1164 by Scott
More pics
Attachments:

More
16 Mar 2015 21:59 #1167 by FewMoreMiles
Thanks guys...that makes a bit more sense. I think I have the solid link on my 314. Didn't think I would use anything other than the deck lift itself on this blade. Looked like it fit so well. Thanks for the quick replies!

• Geno
  • Administrator Supporter
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
17 Mar 2015 08:04 #1186 by Geno
Sorry Jeff. :sorry

We were in a hurry and I forgot to give you a lift link. I have a stack of new ones here if you're in the area sometime. :)

Welcome to the Stables!
The following user(s) said Thank You: FewMoreMiles

More
17 Mar 2015 09:07 #1190 by FewMoreMiles
Hi Geno...no worries. Thinking about running over to your Tractor Supply this afternoon to be quite honest. I have visited two local locations, as well as several farm supply type stores, and can't find the seat I want. I found low backs, and I found huge seats but nothing in between. I found this in my snow plow manual last evening...is this the lift link bar you are referring to? Thanks for the follow up! Hope you were able to enjoy the weather yesterday :thumb1
Attachments:

More
17 Mar 2015 09:24 #1191 by JustinW.73

Geno wrote: Sorry Jeff. :sorry

We were in a hurry and I forgot to give you a lift link. I have a stack of new ones here if you're in the area sometime. :)

I love it. Having stacks of parts. That would be awesome.

1973 No Name 16
1966 856
1964 854
198? 520H
Way too many decks
1966 f100

More
17 Mar 2015 12:41 #1207 by FewMoreMiles
I'm with you on that idea :)

More
17 Mar 2015 12:53 - 17 Mar 2015 12:56 #1209 by GT 14

FewMoreMiles wrote: Hi Geno...no worries. Thinking about running over to your Tractor Supply this afternoon to be quite honest. I have visited two local locations, as well as several farm supply type stores, and can't find the seat I want. I found low backs, and I found huge seats but nothing in between. I found this in my snow plow manual last evening...is this the lift link bar you are referring to? Thanks for the follow up! Hope you were able to enjoy the weather yesterday :thumb1

That's the way many are set up, but a chain works just as well. Solid connector gives you the option of down pressure, especially with hydro units.

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225
Last edit: 17 Mar 2015 12:56 by GT 14.

Time to create page: 0.413 seconds